I am an artist and art historian of Swiss and Belgian origin.
I taught for several years Plastic Arts and Art History in an upper secondary school with lots of pleasure. The transmission of my passion truly brought me happiness, and the work with students inspired my main axes for the works of art that I create today. Since 2005, I created my first modular (adjustable) work and during several years I maintained both careers simultaneously. Today, I am devoted full time to the creation as well as the promotion of my artistic work.
My goal is that the spectator can comprehend the research and questioning which an artist asks himself during the process of research and creation. This will gave birth to my works « intervariactives ».
In my paintings, I concentrate on transcending the classical boundary between the work of art and the viewer. I invite the spectator to create from my work. My goal is to enable him to understand the research and questioning that an artist asks himself during the process of experimentation and creation. This will has given birth, since 2005, to my "intervariactive" works.
My works are mostly built on canvas because it is a classic medium. Among the materials I prefer, paper occupies an important place because it is flexible and part of a long tradition. The choice of techniques is varied; however, I have a predilection for mixedmedia processes.
I hope that the enjoyment of my works of art will be intimate, tactile, and flirt with the ephemeral; this allows the spect-actor to confront a new appreciation of time, and the fleeting nature of what surrounds us. The spectator can thus modify the work by touching, revealing, modifying the painting.
Do we want to hide or close? show or open? The work that emerges from the encounter between my work and the viewer is plural. My works of art thus become personal, variable, changing, permanently reversible and therefore multiple. The key words that support my concept being interaction, variation, activity. This artistic concept is continued in the #intervariactifproject, where visitors to my exhibitions share the result of their interaction with
my work on social networks, the place par excellence of self-exhibition and which questions the limits of the visible, the known.
In addition, there are, on my website, for some of my works, interactive virtual duplicates with which Internet users can create a composition and then participate in the #interagisproject whose aim is to question our tactile relationship between the real and the virtual.
- 22 September to 27 October 2017, Intervariactiv Installation, L’étagère, Lausanne.
- 13 to 16 December 2017, Intervariactiv Pop Up, The Square, rue du Diorama 2, Geneva.
- 22 March to 17 May 2017, Transmutations , Galerie Rivoli, rue de l’Arquebuse, Genève.
- 28 June to 30 August 2018, Intervariactiv Exhibition, Galerie Pirlot, Zürich.
Collective exhibitions and Artfairs
- 27 - 28 May 2016, Flon Art, Collective Exhibition of Ceruleum, Lausanne.
- 6 to 9 October 2017, Art Next 2017, Artfair, PMQ, Central, HongKong.
- 25 January 2018, Collective Exhibition, Genuine Night, Espace Fert, Genève.
- 1 March 2018, Collective Exhibition, Inauguration Season 2018, Panier Culturel Lausannois, La Datcha, Lausanne.
- 12 to 15 April 2018, Roy’s People Art Fair, Oxo Tower Wharf, London.
- 21- 23 September 2018, FATart, International Art Fair, Women in Art, Kammgarn West, Schaffhausen.
- 4 to 7 October 2018, Accessible Art Fair, Bozar, Bruxelles.
- 16 to 30 Novembre 2018, La Spontanéité, Lozart Collective Exhibition, Flon, Lausanne.
Collaborations and mandates
- 2012- 2017, Corporate Mandates for several specific artworks.
- 2016 and 2017, Fondation Room to Read, Zurich Chapter.
- December 2016 and 2017, Mandates for Illustrations, 1DexMag Number 1 and 2.
- Participation to the « Panier Culturel Lausannois » Winter Season 2017-2018.
- February 2018 to August 2018, Comissioned work for a Corporate Image Movie, under the realisation of « Cheese and Chocolate Film SA », Zürich.
#INTERVARIACTIFPROJECT, #INTERAGISPROJECT and #INTERVARIACTIFSERIALS
Participatory projects on social medias